Posted by KellyWard on May 9, 2016
So Sun Awareness Week has just kicked off and Nouveau Skin Therapy have some handy tips to keep you safe in the sun!
- Apply SPF BEFORE you get dressed. Working around your clothes means you can easily miss spots of skin and leave them unprotected.
- Always use a minimum SPF factor of 30.
- Always apply BEFORE you get into the sun. SPF needs around 20 minutes to sink into the skin so leave enough time before you head out of the house.
- Don’t just rely on your makeup. Even with added SPF protection in your foundation you would need to use a few coats for it give you sufficient protection on sunny days. Use an SPF as well.
- Always check the expiry date on your sun cream. It’s always tempting to use leftover sun cream from last year’s holiday but active ingredients within SPF can lose their potency so always try and use a new sun cream each year.
- Always put SPF around your eyes even if you’re wearing sunglasses. The reflection from the glasses can magnify UV exposure.
- Don’t forget your scalp. Mist your scalp and hairline with a spray sun cream.
- Never run out! Make sure you carry an SPF around with you at all times. Our Dermatude SPF 30 is in a handy portable 50ml bottle. Get yours here.
Sun is the biggest threat to skin health, so please be careful when out and about and always protect your skin!